You are currently in Archive View Mode. You are now vieweing the call titled: 2019 Academy of Notre Dame Fine Art Show, which ended on 2/7/19, 11:59 PM. All call settings are read only. See Current Open Calls
Terms & Conditions
General information about the Art Show:
Hanging Art/Bin Work
- You may exhibit in any or all of the categories listed on the following page. No etchings or nudes are permitted.
- All work to be hung must be framed or canvas wrapped, in good condition, and wired for hanging. Damaged work will not be accepted.
- All work displayed must be for sale.
- No reproductions will be accepted.
- Items made from commercial kits, or those mass-produced and imported are not permitted.
- We request that prior work submitted to the Academy of Notre Dame Art Show not be re-submitted. The Art Show Committee reserves the right at Artist Check-In to decline work that has been in a previous show or which otherwise does not meet designated criteria.
- All work must be delivered on the Art Drop-off days with the artist’s name, title of the work, medium, and sale price printed and securely taped or fastened to the back of each piece.
- All hanging artwork must be delivered on Thursday, January 17, 2019 between 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. or on Friday, January 18, 2019 between 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. All 3D artwork must be delivered on Saturday, January 19, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Returning artists: Please note these new times.
- A 35% commission will be deducted from the sale price for the benefit of the Academy of Notre Dame de Namur. A check in the amount due to the artist will be mailed within 45 days of the show’s closing.
- All artwork on the Academy of Notre Dame premises will be insured while in the school’s care during the show. The Academy of Notre Dame is not responsible for work in transport to or from the show.
- All shipping and transportation expenses are the responsibility of the artist.
- The hanging and placement of artwork will be the responsibility of the Art Show Committee of the Academy of Notre Dame. The arrangement of pieces within the mansion is at the discretion of the committee.
- All unsold artwork must be picked up on Tuesday, February 5, 2019 between 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. or 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., or on Wednesday, February 6, 2019 between 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- With the exception of certain 3D pieces, bin work, and miniatures, sold artwork to respective buyers will not be released prior to the end of the show Sunday, February 3, 2019.
- In participating, you acknowledge that images of your artwork included in the exhibit and sale may be viewed by the public and disseminated in both print and electronic media as part of the promotional efforts related to the show.
- Original Art: You may submit up to 3 framed works not to exceed 36” x 40.”
- Original Miniatures: You may submit up to 8 framed works not to exceed 8” x 10” framed. We will be releasing sold miniatures during the show and replacing the display with additional artwork. Please include a secure box or container labeled with your name for storing additional pieces if you are submitting more than 4 miniatures.
- Original Bin Work: You may submit up to 6 unframed, original works that are matted and covered with acetate. Notre Dame will provide the display bins for original bin work.
- Sculpture, Glass, Wood, and Pottery: You may submit up to 10 original pieces. We well be releasing sold pieces during the show and replacing the display with additional artwork. Please include a secure box or container labeled with your name for storing additional pieces if you are submitting more than 6 works.
- We cannot accept work that requires connection to an electrical outlet for display, such as lamps or similar items.
Please respond with your interest to participate in the Art Show by going to the website (instructions below) and registering for the show beginning October 1 through November 1, 2018.
To register and accept your invitation:
Through your browser, go to http://ndartshow2019.artcall.org
- If you participated as an artist last year:
- Click the light blue Login button at the top right of the screen.
- Input the email you used last year, and your password.
- If you don’t remember your password, there is a link “Forgot Password,” which will allow you to reset it.
- Your information will be available for editing, including your bio. Please let us know if you would like to use the same bio from last year or make changes to the bio.
- You will also need to indicate whether or not you are attending the preview party and the name(s) of any guest(s).
- For our new artists:
- Click the green button (link) at the top right of screen marked “Register.”
- Complete all required information including a password and your biographical information (used for our program). This information can be cut and pasted from a document into the website.
- We will send an email with submission directions once we receive your RSVP. All submissions must be in the website by midnight, January 4, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact Denick Herrin, 2019 Art Show Chair or Sophia Langley, Chair of 2019 Artist Search Committee.
This call has agreed to ArtCall.org Terms & Conditions